Hi and welcome back.
I hope you are all okay and enjoying the UK summer. It is such a strange time lately, and I am finding myself lacking much enthusiasm or motivation to do anything. Anyone else feel the same?
Today, I am keeping things short and sharing with you my easy Gluten Free Lasagne Recipe. This meal is such a hit in our house and I hope you enjoy it too.
This recipe is so simple to make and uses just a few ingredients to make the perfect gluten free lasagne to enjoy at home. I love using the Morrisons gluten free lasagne sheets for this but you can always make your own if you prefer. Personally, I am still getting to grips with making pasta so I will let you know when I have a recipe to share.
For the tomato sauce, I use my Easy Tomato Sauce recipe which you can find here if you are interested. This sauce is gluten and dairy free and comes together in under 10 minutes.
To make the lasagne, I brown the mince and add a batch of my Easy Tomato Sauce. I then make my Easy White Sauce before alternating layers of meat, pasta and white sauce in a deep baking dish. Bake for 25 – 30 minutes and the resulting lasagne is just amazing.
Let me know in the comments what other recipes you would like to see. And as always, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram using #livingcoeliac so I can see your re-creations.
Speak to you next week. Chrissi. -x-
Easy Gluten Free White Sauce Recipe
Easy Gluten Free White Sauce
- 600 ml milk
- 50 g butter
- 50 g gluten free plain flour
- 30 g grated cheese
- 1 tsp salt and pepper
- Add the butter to a warmed pan and heat on a low heat until melts.
- Sift the flour and add to the butter mixture, stirring to make a paste.
- Slowly add the warmed milk, stirring until smooth.
- Add the salt, pepper and grated cheese, mixing to combine.
- Cook until the cheese has melted.
To make the Lasagne:
- Make one batch of Easy Tomato Sauce as per recipe.
- Cook 500 g mince until brown.
- Mix the cooked mince in to the Tomato Sauce.
- Make one batch of White Sauce as per recipe.
- Taking a large baking dish, layer the meat, pasta then white sauce to form one layer.
- Repeat two more times.
- Bake at 180°C for 25 – 30 minutes or until fully cooked.
- Serve alongside a salad or garlic bread.
There you go! My Simple gluten free White Sauce Recipe that is perfect for a lasagne. I hope you enjoy. Please let me know if you re-create this recipe.
Speak to you next week.