Hi and welcome back to LivingCoeliac.
I hope you are all okay and doing well. With the start of Spring 2021, I find myself reflecting on last year and how much our lives changed.
During the Spring of 2020, we were in a National Lockdown and baking. Baking a LOT (or at least I was). I spent many happy hours in the kitchen baking my Chocolate Banana Loaf and my Chocolate Banana Muffins which went down an absolute treat.
It made me realise though, I have never shared my basic Gluten and Dairy Free Banana Muffin Recipe. This recipe is so simple to make and a great way to use up bananas that are going brown.
To make this recipe, simply cream together the butter and sugar before adding the egg, yoghurt and flour. Mash the bananas and add to the mixture, stirring to combine. Bake in muffin tins for 20 minutes or until golden brown and there you go! Such an easy recipe.
I love mine warmed as a quick grab and go breakfast in the mornings or for a mid-day snack. They can be frozen too! Simply put the muffins in a air-tight container and freeze for up to a month. Allow to fully defrost before enjoying.
I hope you love this recipe. Please let me know if you re-create it by tagging me on Instagram using #livingcoeliac or by sharing directly to my Facebook Page.
Speak to you next week where I am sharing my Easter Cookie Recipe. -x-
My Gluten Free Easy Banana Muffin Recipe
Gluten Free Banana Muffin Recipe
- muffin tin
- 220 g gluten free plain flour
- 100 g butter dairy free if needed
- 100 g caster sugar
- 100 g yoghurt dairy free if needed
- 2 overripe bananas
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
- 2. Cream together the butter and sugar.
- 3. Sift the flour and add to the butter mixture, mixing to combine.
- 4. Add the eggs and vanilla extract to the flour mixture, mixing to combine.
- 5. In a separate bowl, mash the bananas.
- 6. Add the bananas to the muffin mixture, mixing to combine.
- 7. Divide the mixture between the muffin cases.
- 8. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- 9. Leave to cool before serving.
This recipe is so easy to make and no-one will know they are gluten and dairy free!
I hope you enjoy this recipe. Don’t forget to sign up to my monthly Newsletter so you don’t miss out on any recipes.