Hi and welcome back.
I hope you are all well and having a lovely Easter. I just love this time of year; mainly because I have a total sweet tooth and can’t seem to resist all the amazing goodies around. I have a total love for baking too so have been creating new recipes. Banana loaf are everywhere at the moment so I have shared a new twist to this, my Gluten and Dairy Free Chocolate Banana Muffins. You can check out the recipe here if you are interested.
I keep seeing recipes for mini-egg cookies everywhere and I just couldn’t resist putting my own twist on it. I have a total sweet tooth and an unhealthy addiction to all things chocolate so making Gluten Free Double Chocolate Mini-Egg Cookies was just something I had to try. I hope you enjoy this Easter. I’m off to eat all the cookies before my family try to! C. -x-
My Gluten Free Double Chocolate Mini Egg Cookies
Gluten Free Double Chocolate Mini Egg Cookies
- 250 g gluten free plain flour
- 150 g mini eggs crushed
- 150 g caster sugar
- 100 g butter melted
- 50 g dark brown sugar
- 1 medium egg whisked
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp xanthum gum
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 Degrees Celsius.
- Add butter and sugars to a bowl and mix until fully combined.
- Sift together: flour, xanthum gum,salt and cocoa powder.
- Add 1/3 of the flour mixture to the butter and sugar mixture and mix until fully combined.
- Slowly add the egg and remaining flour, mixing fully until combined.
- Add crushed mini eggs and stir one final time to fully combine.
- Use a teaspoon to make small scoops of the mixture.
- Leave space between each cookie to allow it to expand.
- Use the back of a spoon to press lightly on each cookie.
- Bake for 12 – 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Please be aware: these cookies will be soft initially once removed from the oven but will harden once cooled.
So there you go! My simple and quick Gluten Free Double Chocolate Mini-Egg Cookies; perfect for Easter or to bake anytime you can get hold of mini eggs. I hope you enjoyed this recipe. Please let me know by tagging me on Instagram using #livingcoeliac or by sharing photos directly to my Facebook page.
Stay safe and speak soon.