Hi and welcome back.
I hope you are all well. In my last blog post, I shared an update on my No-Spend Challenge and how it has impacted much more than just my clothes shopping. If you are interested, you can find the link here. Today, I was going to share my Autumn Essentials for 2019 with you. However, recently I have gotten into meal prepping my breakfast and lunches and when discussing this weeks options with my work colleagues, they were desperate for the recipe. They are quick and simple to make, can be frozen for later in the week and re-heated in the microwave in under 2 minutes. These Gluten Free, Dairy Free Breakfast Muffin Cups were created by my other half and mean you can enjoy a cooked breakfast in the morning without the hassle. We first had them on Christmas Day last year and will definitely be enjoying them again soon. I hope you enjoy. C. -x-
Prep Time: 10 minutes; Baking Time: 15 minutes; Serves: 12
- 8 gluten free hash browns – mashed.
- 6 eggs – whisked.
- 30g dairy free cheese – grated.
- 2 mushrooms – diced.
- 2 cherry tomatoes – diced.
- 1/2 tin baked beans.
- 1 handful spinach.
- (optional 50g cooked bacon).
- 1 teaspoon: salt and pepper.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 Degrees Celscius.
- Take a 12 case muffin tin and grease with sunflower oil.
- Add a thin layer hash brown to the base of the tin so it covers the bottom and cook for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, remove from the oven and add the: diced mushroom, tomatoes, spinach, baked beans and cheesed – dividing evenly between the moulds.
- Add salt and pepper to eggs and pour into muffin cases – to fill 2/3 full.
- Add bacon if using.
- Cook in the oven for 5 – 10 minutes or until egg is fully cooked.
- Serve immediately or freeze.
There you go! My quick and simple Gluten Free, Dairy Free Breakfast Muffin Cups. I hope you enjoy them. I enjoy mine on its own with tomato ketchup but my other half prefers to add them to slices of toast for the full English Breakfast. They are a total indulgence and set you up for the day but you don’t have to worry about spending a long time in the kitchen. Let me know in the comments what you think of them. If you re-create this recipe, as always, please let me know by tagging me on Instagram using #livingcoeliac or by sharing photos directly to my Facebook page.
Next week starts the 12 Blogs of Christmas!! I hope you are looking forward to all the Christmas Content coming your way.