Hi and welcome back.
I hope you had a lovely Christmas and looking forward to New Years Eve. There is something truly magical about this time of year. I love Autumn and Winter evenings with family and friends and enjoying tasty foods. What better way to relax and come together than with good food and good company?
One of the recipes I was desperate to make this year was a go-to Apple Crumble that was gluten and dairy free. The simple crumble was one of the first recipes I was ever taught and I couldn’t wait to enjoy this treat now I am a coeliac. You can buy pre-made versions that are gluten and dairy free bu for me, nothing beats a home baked recipe.
So here it is. My Gluten Free, Dairy Free Apple Crumble Recipe. I hope you enjoy. C. – x –
My Gluten Free, Dairy Free Apple Crumble Recipe
Gluten Free, Dairy Free Apple Crumble Recipe
- 130 g gluten free self raising flour
- 100 g chilled dairy free butter
- 75 g golden caster sugar
- 4 cooking apples peeled, cored and diced.
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp xanthum gum
- 1/2 tsp cinammon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 Degrees Celsius.
- Take cooking apples and add vanilla and 2 tbsp sugar and mix (apple mixture).
- Spread apple mixture into a casserole dish in an even layer.
- Sift together: flour, xanthum gum, salt, cinammon and sugar.
- Add flour mixture to chilled butter and mix to form fine breadcrumbs.
- Spread flour mixture evenly over apple mixture.
- Bake for 30 – 40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve immediately with dairy free custard or dairy free ice cream.
There you go! My simple Gluten Free, Dairy Free Apple Crumble Recipe. SO basic but sure to please anyone in the family. They won’t even know it is gluten and dairy free. I hope you enjoy.
If you re-create this recipe, please let me know by tagging me on Instagram using #livingcoeliac or share directly to my Facebook page. Let me know what other gluten free recipes you would like to see. Newsletter is now live! Don’t forget to subscribe to make sure you do not miss any future blog posts.