Hi and welcome back.
I hope you are all having a lovely weekend and enjoying the start of the Great British Autumn. Personally, I love this time of year, when the nights get dark and the weather gets cooler. I particularly enjoy curling up on the sofa with candles lit and enjoying a good book. With the start of Autumn, I find myself cooking and baking comforting foods; soups, casseroles and apple crumbles. You can find the links to my recipes here if you want to re-create any of these – Apple Crumble is such a classic and tastes just as I remember! Last week, my brother-in-law and his girlfriend made these incredible Apple Tacos using gluten free wraps and it was a game changer! They are the perfect sweet snack to enjoy while watching haloween movies (Nightmare Before Christmas anyone?) and really gets me in the mood for the change of the season. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do. C. -x-
Prep Time: 10 minutes; Baking Time: 15 minutes; Serves: 12
- 2 cooking apples: peeled and diced.
- 6 gluten free wraps (I love the Warburtons gluten free wraps).
- 30g cooking butter.
- 2 tablespoon caster sugar.
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon.
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice.
- Squirty Cream (optional but incredible).
- Add the diced apples to a pan on medium heat with 20g melted butter, 1 tablespoon caster sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and lemon juice.
- Cook on low heat for 10 minutes or until apples are softened.
- In the meantime, use a standard (3inch) circle cookie cutter to cut 12 circles from the wraps.
- Add remaining butter, caster sugar and cinnamon in a bowl and add cut wraps. Toss until fully coated.
- Take an upside down muffin tray and position the wraps as pictured.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180 Degrees Celscius for 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove wraps and leave to cool.
- Add 1 tablespoon apple mix to each taco, top with squirty cream and serve immediately.
There you go! I hope you enjoy this new Autumn snack. I can’t wait to try my next batch with salted caramel sauce and ice cream. If you re-create this recipe, don’t forget to let me know by tagging me on Instagram using #livingcoeliac or by sharing photos directly to my Facebook Page. Speak to you next week.