Hi and welcome back to LivingCoeliac.
I hope you are all doing well and staying safe. I am still working currently and feeling very grateful that I have that opportunity.
Now I am in my third trimester of my pregnancy, I am starting to find myself craving more and more sweet things. (Montezuma Chocolate Buttons anyone? – they are soo good).
Last weekend I was really craving something sweet (mainly Rocky Road) but since we are in a lockdown, I can’t easily go to the shops. I started looking through my cupboards for alternatives and this recipe was born.
These simple Popcorn Bites are gluten free and easily made dairy free too using a dairy free chocolate. You only need 4 ingredients too!
To make this truly tasty treat, start by melting your chocolate of choice on a Ban Marie. Once the chocolate is melted, add the popcorn golden syrup and marshmallows. Stir to combine and mould into shapes. Leave to set at room temperature and there you go!
So simple and easy to make and the perfect evening snack while you are catching up on Netflix. I love this recipe and I hope you do too.
Let me know in the comments if you try my Easy Gluten Free Popcorn Bites. Chrissi -x-
My Easy Gluten Free Popcorn Bites Recipe
My Easy Gluten Free Popcorn Bites
- 100 g chocolate dairy free if needed
- 50 g popcorn can be sweet or salted
- 30 g marshmallows
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 1. Melt the chocolate on a low heat using a Ban Marie.
- 2. Add the popcorn, marshmallows and chocolate to a bowl and mix.
- 3. Add the golden syrup and mix until the mixture sticks together.
- 4. Using a tablespoon, scoop out 2 spoons of mixture, moulding to a ball.
- 5. Place the Popcorn Bite on a tray and leave to cool for 15 minutes.
- 6. Enjoy.
There you go! My super simple Popcorn Bites that are gluten free and easily adapted to dairy free too. Please let me know if you try this recipe by tagging me on Instagram using #livingcoeliac. I love to see your re-creations.
Speak to you next week.