Hi and welcome back.Jump to Recipe
I hope you are all doing well and staying safe. With the easing of lockdown in the UK, I am feeling the need to celebrate. And what better way to do that than with a Chocolate traybake?
Traybakes are such an easy cake to make and easy to serve to different people without causing a big mess. I created my Vanilla Traybake last year and you can find the recipe here. Over Christmas, I worked on a Gingerbread Traybake that was just too good! You can find the recipe here if you are interested.
While I love the basic traybake and the Christmas twist, you just can’t beat a Chocolate Traybake. This recipe is simple and easy to make gluten free and dairy free too. I decorated mine with the Betty Crocker Chocolate Fudge Icing which has no gluten containing ingredients and a may contain on milk, but please to check before using. If you are making this cake dairy free, I would highly recommend using 100g dairy free butter to 180g icing sugar and 2 tsp of dairy free cocoa powder to make the ultimate dairy free chocolate butter cream.
To make this Chocolate traybake, you start by creaming butter and sugar as always. Add eggs, vanilla extract, gluten free flour and 2 tbsp cocoa powder and mix. Pour the mixture into a baking tray and bake for 30 minutes. Leave to cool fully before decorating and cutting up.
I hope you love this recipe. Please let me know if you re-create it by tagging me on Instagram using #livingcoeliac or by sharing photos directly to my Facebook Page. I love to see your re-creations. Chrissi -x-
My Gluten Free Chocolate Traybake Recipe
Gluten Free Chocolate Traybake Recipe
- 36.50 x 24.50 x 5.00 cm baking tin
- 180 g gluten free self raising flour
- 160 g butter dairy free if needed
- 150 g caster sugar
- 4 medium eggs
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
- 2. Cream together the butter and sugar.
- 3. Sift the dry ingredients and add to the butter mixture.
- 4. Add the eggs and vanilla extract to the flour mixture, mixing to combine.
- 5. Pour the cake mixture into the greased baking tin.
- 6. Bake for 25- 30 minutes or until golden brown and a knife inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- 7. Leave to fully cool before decorating and serving.
There you go! My simple Gluten Free Chocolate Traybake Recipe. This recipe is easy to make gluten and dairy free and cant be decorated in any way you wish. I hope you love this recipe.
Speak to you next week. -x-