Hi and welcome back to LivingCoeliac.
I hope you are all well and staying safe. I have been thoroughly enjoying comfort food and Autumn inspired recipes. If you missed my last post, I shared my easy Gluten and Dairy Free Bolognese Pasta Bake. Perfect for those cold winter nights and a crowd pleaser for all the family.
Jump to Recipe
This Autumn I have been really enjoying the Great British Bake Off – who else loves watching this? I loved watching the episode earlier in the series where the bakers where challenged to bake brownies. I have always struggled with this “basic recipe” and my brownies have never seemed to work. I was resigned to enjoying brownies from a packet until I saw this episode.
I was inspired to try again and this recipe works perfectly! Even for me who is a self-confessed brownie baking failure. This recipe is so simple to make and gluten free too! It is also easily adapted to dairy free too so everyone can enjoy this indulgent treat.
I took my first batch into work and they all loved it! (I am the only coeliac at my work and the others were surprised when they saw me tucking into them too!) Apparently they couldn’t tell they were gluten and dairy free. That is what I love about baking, making easy gluten and dairy free recipes that everyone will love.
So here you go. My truly simple Gluten Free Brownies that can be adapted to dairy free too. I hope you enjoy. Please tag me on Instagram using #livingcoeliac if you re-create them. I love seeing all of your creations.
My Gluten Free Brownie Recipe
Gluten Free Brownie Recipe
- Medium sized brownie tin
- 300 g caster sugar
- 180 g chocolate dairy free if needed
- 150 g butter dairy free if needed
- 120 g gluten free plain flour
- 3 medium eggs
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder please check it is gluten and dairy free
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 170°C.
- Put the chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl over a low heat, stirring until melted.
- Remove the bowl from the heat and add the sugar and eggs, stirring to combine.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, cocoa powder and salt together.
- Add the flour mixture to the chocolate mixture, stirring to combine.
- Stir in the eggs, mixing to combine.
- Spread the mixture into the greased brownie tin and bake for 30 – 35 minutes.
- Leave to cool completely before dusting with icing sugar.
- Be careful when melting the chocolate, the heatproof bowl should not touch the bottom of the saucepan.
- Be careful to ensure the mixture is not too hot when you add the eggs or they may curdle.
- Bake until the brownies are flaky on top – be careful not to overcook.
There you go! My simple Gluten Free Brownie Recipe that is easily made dairy free by using dark chocolate and dairy free butter. DO make sure to check the cocoa powder is gluten and diary free before using.
I hope you love this recipe as much as I do. Please let me know if you try the recipe by letting me know in the comments below.
Speak to you next week where I am sharing my Apple and Blackberry Crumble; the perfect dessert to share with family and friends after a long week.