Hi and welcome back.
I hope you had a lovely Halloween last weekend and are now enjoying Bonfire weekend. I love this time of year when the weather gets colder, it just gives me an excuse to enjoy simple comfort food with family.
Jump to Recipe
This weekend is also when I am hoping to celebrate my birthday with family, providing the Corona Virus restrictions haven’t increased. At the time of writing this, I am in a medium risk areas so we can still see other members from a different household. Even if I can’t meet up with friends and family, I will be looking forward to simple comfort food.
This recipe was inspired by Mary Berry latest TV programme Simple Comforts that I have really enjoyed watching. In it, she shared her simple Bolognese Pasta Bake and it is such a lovely twist on the classic meal.
I really enjoy spaghetti bolognaise but it can be time consuming to make when you are in a rush. I love how I can throw everything in one dish and can leave it to cook while I focus on other things. (Who else uses their Alexa as a cooking timer?)
This recipe is so simple to make. Simply cook pasta in a pan and add to a dish. Add chopped onions to a pan and cook on a low heat until softened, before adding the mince and sauce. Add to a pan and bake.
I serve mine alongside homemade garlic bread and a simple rocket salad with tomatoes. Who else wants some? Here is my Gluten and Dairy Free Bolognese Pasta Bake Recipe inspired by Mary Berry.
I hope you enjoy. Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram using #livingcoeliac if you enjoy this recipe too. Chrissi -x-
My Gluten and Dairy Free Bolognese Pasta Bake
Gluten and Dairy Free Bolognese Pasta Bake
- 500 g British mince
- 300 g tinned tomatoes
- 200 g pasta
- 100 g grated cheese optional if dairy free
- 1 gluten free beef stock cube made with 250ml warm water
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 tsp salt and pepper
- 1/2 medium carrot peeled and grated
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
- Add oil to a pan and cook the diced onions on a low heat until softened.
- Add the mince, garlic and tomato puree to the onions and cook on a high heat until brown.
- Add the tinned tomatoes, remaining herbs and stock to the mince mixture and simmer on medium heat for 25 minutes.
- Cook the pasta in a pan of boiling water until softened.
- Drain the pasta and add to a baking dish.
- Add the mince mixture to the pasta, stirring to combine.
- Top with the grated cheese and basil and cook for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
There you go! My simple Gluten and Dairy Free Bolognese Pasta Bake that is inspired my Mary Berry and her Bolognese Pasta Bake. Perfect for those cold evenings and guranteed to be enjoyed by the whole family.
I hope you enjoy. Please let me know in the comments what other recipes you would like to see.
Speak to you next week where I am sharing my truly indulgent gluten free chocolate brownies.