Hi and welcome back.
I know recently my blog has been taken up with cruise food, what I eat on a cruise and the food you can find on a cruise. If you missed them, please check them out here. I hope you have enjoyed the blogs but I understand they aren’t relevant to everyone.
Today I am back with another blog in my How to Make: series – gluten free vanilla waffles.If you are looking for other gluten free recipes, check out my How to Make series here.
I am obsessed with waffles – I find they are that perfect treat you can indulge in for dessert – warmed and served with vanilla ice cream, fresh strawberries and chocolate sauce.
My perfect treat on a Sunday weekend after a lovely homemade roast. Alternatively, I have them as a Sunday morning brunch simply drizzled with honey alongside my cafetiere coffee.
I never thought I could make gluten free waffles when I was first diagnosed but have grown in confidence in my recipes over the years.
I make this recipe using a waffle maker but you can use a waffle pan if that is easier for you.
This recipe is currently only gluten free but I am working on adapting it so it is dairy free too.
This is a recipe I make every few months and my friends and family enjoy them. I hope you do too. C. -x-
My Gluten Free Waffle Recipe
Gluten Free Waffle Recipe
- Waffle Maker
- 280 g Gluten Free Self Raising Flour.
- 227 g Vanilla Yoghurt.
- 170 ml Milk. Warmed.
- 42 ml Sunflower oil.
- 24 g Caster Sugar.
- 2 Medium Eggs.
- 1 ½ tsp Baking Powder.
- 1 tsp Xanthum Gum.
- ½ tsp Salt.
Preparing the Waffle Mixture
- Sift together: gluten free self raising flour, caster sugar, baking powder, xanthum gum and salt.
- Separate the eggs and place the yolks to one side.
- Whisk the egg whites on a high speed until peaks form.
- Mix together the: oil and egg yolks and add to the dry mixture.
- Add the yoghurt and warmed milk to the dry ingredients and mix to combine.
- Fold in the egg whites until all the mixture is combined.
Cooking the Waffles
- Pre-heat waffle maker.
- Grease your waffle maker and add 1 tbsp of waffle mixture.
- Cook for 3 – 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Repeat steps for remaining mixture.
- Serve immediately.
- You can also freeze these waffles for 1 month so make a large batch and enjoy gluten free waffles whenever you want.
- Can’t find vanilla yoghurt? Don’t worry, simply use plain yoghurt and add 1 teaspoon vanilla instead.
There you go, a perfect treat for a Sunday morning breakfast, mid-week treat or whenever you want! I hope you enjoy this recipe.
If you re-create this recipe, please let me know by tagging me on Instagram using #livingcoeliac or by sharing photos directly to my Facebook page.
Let me know what other gluten free recipes you would like to see. Newsletter is here! Don’t forget to subscribe so you don’t miss out on any future blog posts.