Hi and welcome back.
I hope you are doing well and enjoying the start of the Autumn season. Personally, I love this season; the cooling weather gives me the perfect excuse to curl up in my favourite jumpers and enjoy good comfort food.
One recipe I have been loving so much already this year but I have been re-creating recently is my gluten free Roasted Vegetable Pasta Bake. I love all types of pasta bake and find pasta is the ultimate comfort food to me.
There is just nothing more relaxing to me than enjoying a tasty meal with friends and family.
The other thing I love about this recipe is how versatile it is; you can make it dairy free by adding dairy free cheese, change it to a meat dish by adding chicken or bacon and or just enjoy as is.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do. C. -x-.
Gluten and Dairy Free Roasted Vegetable Pasta Bake
Gluten Free Roasted Vegetable Pasta Bake
- 300 g passata or tinned tomatoes
- 250 g gluten free pasta
- 100 g peas
- 100 g sweetcorn
- 50 g grated cheese Dairy Free if needed
- 4 medium carrots
- 1 medium broccoli
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 1 medium red onion
- 1 tsp salt and pepper
- 1 tsp chilli powder or chilli flakes
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
- Peel and roughly chop the: onions, carrots, pepper and broccoli.
- Add the vegetables to a roasting dish with a drizzle of oil and 1 tsp of salt and pepper and roast for 20 minutes.
- While the vegetables are roasting, add the pasta to a pot of boiling water.
- Cook the pasta for 10 minutes or until softened.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain the pasta and add to the roasted vegetables.
- Add the : tinned tomatoes, peas, sweetcorn the pasta mix and stir to mix.
- Add the tinned tomatoes (or passata) to the pasta mix with 1 tsp of chilli, salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Add the grated cheese and bake for a final 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately or leave to cool and freeze for a grab and go meal.½
- If you don’t like these vegetables, why not add diced courgette instead?
- Chilli too spicy for you? Why not add 1 tsp garlic powder instead?
- On the Low FODMAP? Remove the onion and cheese.
There you go! My quick and simple pasta bake that everyone will enjoy. I hope you love this recipe. If you re-create it, please let me know by tagging me on Instagram using #livingcoeliac or by sharing photos to my Facebook page.