Hi and welcome back.
I hope you are doing well and enjoying the start of the Autumn season. Personally, I love this season; the cooling weather gives me the perfect excuse to curl up in my favourite jumpers and enjoy good comfort food. One recipe I have been loving so much already this year but I have been re-creating recently is my gluten free Roasted Vegetable Pasta Bake. I love all types of pasta bake and find pasta is the ultimate comfort food to me. There is just nothing more relaxing to me than enjoying a tasty meal with friends and family. The other thing I love about this recipe is how versatile it is; you can make it dairy free by adding dairy free cheese, change it to a meat dish by adding chicken or bacon and or just enjoy as is. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do. C. -x-.
Prep time: 15 minutes plus 30 minutes to roast vegetables; Baking time: 30 minutes; Serves: 6
- 250g pasta.
- 1 onion.
- 1 broccoli.
- 4 medium sized carrots.
- 1 medium red bell pepper.
- 100g peas.
- 100g sweetcorn.
- 50g cheese grated (optional but tastes incredible).
- 1 tin passata.
- 1 teaspoon: salt, pepper, chilli and mixed herbs.
- Cook pasta in a saucepan for 10 minutes or until mostly cooked.
- Chop: carrots, onion, broccoli and pepper and add to a roasting tray with a teapsoon oil.
- Roast vegetables at 180 Degrees Celsius for 30 minutes or until softened.
- Drain pasta and add to roasted veggie mix.
- Add peas, sweetcorn, spices and tin of passata.
- Stir until fully combined.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180 Degrees Celsius for 10 minutes or until fully cooked.
- Add grated cheese and bake for a further 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
- Pre-cooking the pasta for 10 minutes allows for a shorter baking time.
- Don’t fully cook the pasta or it will fall apart when baked.
- Gluten free Penne pasta is the best option for this recipe.
- Don’t like onion or pepper? Why not try courgette instead?
- If you are adding chicken to this recipe, fry 100g in a pan on medium heat until fully cooked. Shred and add to pasta bake when you add the pasta.
- Why not freeze this recipe? Allow to cool and transfer to a freezable container and store for 1 month. To re-heat, defrost for 2 hours then cook for 10 minutes in a pre-heated oven at 180 Degrees Celsius for 10 minutes or until fully cooked
There you go! My quick and simple pasta bake that everyone will enjoy. I hope you love this recipe. If you re-create it, please let me know by tagging me on Instagram using #livingcoeliac or by sharing photos to my Facebook page.