Hi and welcome back.
Today I thought I would share another in my How to Make: series. This time it is gluten free Pasta Carbonara. I am obsessed with all Italian food especially pizza and pasta; the ultimate comfort food. Being a coeliac, I can sometimes find it harder to re-create this recipes at home so I created this Pasta Carbonara. It is so creamy and indulgent and the perfect meal for date nights or just when you need comfort food. This is what I had with my other half on Valentines and a dish we will always be coming back to. I hope you enjoy. C. -x-
Prep time: 10 minutes; Cooking time: 15 minutes; Serves: 2
- 1 onion – diced.
- 100g bacon – cut into smaller pieces.
- 200g gluten free spaghetti pasta.
- 200ml single cream.
- 115g cheddar cheese – grated.
- salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat saucepan of salted water and cook pasta as per instructions.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a frying pan.
- Add chopped bacon to frying pan.
- Add onions after 5 minutes and cook until fully cooked.
- Drain pasta and add to frying pan.
- Add cream and grated cheese and toss.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Why not add 100g diced chicken at step 3 for a chicken and bacon Pasta Carbonara?
- For a vegetarian option, add diced mushrooms instead of bacon.
- Sprinkle with more grated cheese as you serve for that truly indulgent comfort meal.
- Serve alongside a salad to counteract the rich creamy sauce.
There you go! A gluten free Pasta Carbonara. Perfect to wow your friends, to share with your other half or just for the perfect comfort food. If you re-create this recipe, please let me know by tagging me on Instagram using #livingcoeliac or by sharing photos directly to my Facebook page. Let me know what other gluten free recipes you would like to see. Newsletter is here! Don’t forget to subscribe so you don’t miss out on any future blog posts.