Hi and welcome back.
Today is the day I arrive back from my cruise in the Carribean for my honeymoon. I am so excited to jet set away but know on the day I get back, I am just going to want a quick and simple meal. We have a night flight so arrive back in the UK at 6am on Sunday morning. By the evening, I am going to be over exhausted and just wanting bed and not in the mood for cooking. It is in this kind of situation that I turn to a heart bowl of soup for a meal. I will have pre-cooked a batch before I leave and put it in the freezer so all I need to do is heat it up. Just what I needed today. Today, I thought I would share another How to Make: recipe – Leek and Potato soup. I love this soup for lunches or for a quick easy meal when I am too busy. I hope you enjoy. C. -x-
Prep time: 10 minutes, Cooking time: 20 minutes; Serves: 4
- 200g potatoes, peeled and diced.
- 1 leek, diced.
- 1 medium brown onion, diced.
- 2 gluten free vegetable stock cubes, made up according to packaging.
- Knob of butter.
- 100ml cream (optional but tastes amazing).
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Heat a pan and add the small amount of butter.
- Add potatoes for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add onions, leek,s alt and pepper.
- Make up vegetable stock cube according to instructions.
- Slowly add water to the pan, stirring regularly.
- Cook until potatoes are soft.
- Add 100ml cream if desired.
- Transfer mixture to a blender (you may need to wait for the liquid to cool first) and blend.
- Re-heat soup and serve.
There you go. My simple Potato and Leek Soup. I hope you enjoy. Adding the cream is a total indulgence but well worth it.
If you re-create this recipe, please let me know by tagging me on Instagram using #livingcoeliac or by sharing photos directly to my Facebook page. Let me know what other gluten free recipes you would like to see. Newsletter is here! Don’t forget to subscribe so you don’t miss out on any future blog posts.