Hi and welcome back.
I hope you have all had a lovely week and looking forward to the weekend. I often feel that we spend most of our lives slugging through the week and only really indulge at the weekends. I know I am certainly guilty of this. I am a total workaholic and can often find myself completely drained by the evening after a full days work. When I get back, I don’t really want to cook and just want something quick for food so I can then sit down and binge watch something on Netflix. Side point, I just finished re-watching Friends for about the 3rd time and really need a new suggestion. Let me know in the comments what you would recommend. At the weekends, I love nothing more than to cook a lovely meal but during the week I resort to quick and easy meals. The Amy’s Kitchen Brocolli and Cheddar bake is comfort food at its absolute best and I can’t get enough of it. The problem is all gluten free food can be expensive and I just can’t seem to justify it every week .So today, I thought I would share my version of this ultimate comfort food. I hope you enjoy. C. -x-
Prep time: 20 minutes; Cooking time: 30 minutes; Serves; 6
- 180g gluten free pasta
- 110g broccoli
- 200ml single cream.
- 125g mozzarella – diced.
- 80g cheddar cheese – grated.
- 1 onion – diced.
- 1 clove garlic – diced.
- 20g gluten free bread crumbs.
- 1 teaspoon: salt, pepper, nutmeg and mixed herbs.
- Heat a saucepan of water and cook pasta and broccoli for 15 minutes.
- Add small amount oil to a pan and fry onion and garlic until softened.
- Drain oil and add single cream, 100g mozzarella and seasonings.
- Heat on a low heat until cheese fully combined.
- Drain pasta and broccoli and add to a pasta dish.
- Add remaining mozzarella to pasta dish and stir.
- Add cheese sauce to pasta mix and stir until fully combined.
- Top with cheddar and gluten free breadcrumbs and bake in a pre-heated 180 degree oven for 15 minutes or until cheddar melts.
- Serve with a side salad.
- Why not fry diced bacon with the onions and garlic and add to pasta bake for an indulgent treat?
- Add diced peppers, carrots and sweetcorn for a healthier twist to this dish.
- Too much cream? Try adding 50% water to 50% cream to make a less creamy sauce.
- Try adding a teaspoon chilli flakes for a dish with a kick!
- Made too much? Add to a Tupperware container and freeze for 2 weeks.
There you go! A gluten free Broccoli and Cheddar Bake that you can have on hand for whenever you wish. If you re-create this recipe, please let me know by tagging me on Instagram using #livingcoeliac or by sharing photos directly to my Facebook page. Let me know what other gluten free recipes you would like to see. Newsletter is here! Don’t forget to subscribe so you don’t miss out on any future blog posts.