Hi and welcome back.
Today I thought I would share one of my go-to recipes for a quick breakfast: gluten free Banana and Dark Chocolate Chip muffins. I will admit, when it comes to mornings, I am often not functioning too well.
I have a morning routine which helps but I don’t seem to be able to face breakfast until at least an hour after I have woken up. This can cause problems for me, because by that time I am often pulling up to work so I need something to eat on route.Jump to Recipe
I started to have grab and go breakfasts as as way to ensure I at least ate something between 7 pm the night before and 1 pm the next day. Trust me, the hunger pains were painful by the time I reached lunchtime so I knew I needed to do something.
You can bake this recipe and freeze the muffins for a month for quick easy breakfasts or simply enjoy them as a snack. I hope you enjoy. C. -x-
Gluten Free Banana Chocolate Chip Muffin Recipe
Gluten Free Banana and Dark Chocolate Muffins
- 12 case muffin tray
- 220 g gluten free self raising flour
- 100 g cooking butter
- 100 g caster sugar
- 100 g gluten free dark chocolate chips
- 3 overripe bananas
- 2 medium eggs
- 2 tbsp yoghurt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp xanthum gum
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
- Cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and mix to combine.
- Sift together the: flour, baking powder and xanthum gum.
- Put a small amount of the flour mixture aside and use to coat the chocolate chips.
- Add the flour mixture and yoghurt to the egg mixture and mix to combine.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix to combine.
- Separate mixture into 12 muffin cases and bake for 15 – 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Leave to cool before serving or freeze for 1 month in a sealed container.
- To prevent the chocolate chips from sinking in the muffin cases, toss them lightly in gluten free flour before adding to the mixture.
- Overripe bananas are sweeter so make sure you use these.
- Why not try using vanilla yoghurt instead for extra sweetness?
- Need a dairy free alternative? Use dairy free butter and dairy free yoghurt (Alpro works great).
- Want an indulgent treat? Remove the muffin from its case and heat in the microwave for 30 seconds. Serve immediately with ice cream.
There you go! Simple and quick Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins that are perfect for breakfast or a mid-day snack. I do hope you like this recipe.
If you re-create this recipe, please let me know by tagging me on Instagram using #livingcoeliac or by sharing photos directly to my Facebook page.
If you are looking for more gluten free recipes, why not check out my How to Make: mini series which has a range of recipes from simple cupcakes to my go-to Chocolate Cake recipe.
Best of all, every recipe is gluten free and can be made dairy free with minor alterations. Enjoy the baking! Don’t forget to subscribe to my monthly Newsletter so you do not miss any future blog posts.